We look forward to meeting you and continuing the admissions process!
After you have submitted your online application, you will be required to submit the following documents to complete the application process. You will receive links to these documents in a confirmation email, following your online submission. Please rest assured that we will make sure to follow-up with you via email regarding any outstanding documents needed to complete an applicant file. The application submission deadline is December 6, 2013 for first round offer consideration on February 25, 2014.
- Copy of a birth certificate or passport.
- Photograph of daughter – not mandatory but highly recommended.
- School reports – current report when available, plus the final report for the past year.
- An Applicant Profile (Grades 5 to 11) – to be completed by the applicant sharing their goals, passions and thoughts about attending BSS.
- A Parent Profile – to be completed by all parents of applicants sharing goals, passions and thoughts about attending BSS.
For girls applying to Grades 7 to 11 from outside of Ontario, we also request the following:
- SSAT test results sent directly from SSATB (www.ssat.org) or TOEFL when available – we understand that these test results may be available after the interview.
- Confidential School Report – sent directly from the current school to BSS.
As part of the application process, we will also arrange for an interview with a member of the Student Recruiting Team and a customized tour of the School with a Student Ambassador. Interviews vary in length but usually require about one hour. For families unable to visit the School, alternate interview arrangements will be made.
Junior School (JK and Grades 3 to 6) During the interview girls will:
- Meet one-on-one with a teacher.
- Complete both a reading and math assessment created by our teachers to understand the girls’ learning strengths and needs.
- Parents will be interviewed by a member of the Student Recruiting Team while their daughter is with the teacher.
Applicants for Senior Kindergarten to Grade 2 will only be contacted for an interview if spaces are available, but are welcome to contact Jenna Parrett, Administrative Assistant, if they wish to arrange for a tour – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior School (Grades 7 to 11) During the interview girls will:
- Be interviewed one-on-one by a member of the Student Recruiting Team or a teacher.
- Complete a 30-minute writing challenge – to better understand how they analyze and articulate opinions and ideas.
- Applicants from outside of Ontario will also be asked to complete a 30-minute math assessment to help us understand current mathematical skills.
- Parents will be interviewed while their daughters are writing assessments.