Thank you for your interest in BSS, we look forward to meeting you and continuing the admissions process!
After you have submitted your online application, you will receive an email providing you with a list of supplementary documents needed to complete the application process. The following items will be requested:
- Copy of a birth certificate or passport.
- Photograph of daughter or family – not mandatory but highly recommended.
- School reports (Grades 1 to 11) – current report when available, plus the final report for the past year.
- An Applicant Questionnaire (Grades 5 to 11) – to be completed by the applicant sharing their goals, passions and thoughts about attending BSS.
- A Parent Questionnaire – to be completed by all parents of applicants sharing goals, passions and thoughts about attending BSS.
For girls applying to Grades 7 to 11 from outside of Ontario, we also request the following:
- SSAT test results sent directly from SSATB (www.ssat.org); TOEFL test results may be accepted upon discussion with interviewer.
- Confidential School Report – sent directly from the current school to BSS.
As part of the application process, we will also arrange for an interview with a member of the Student Recruiting Team and a personal tour if requested. Interviews vary in length but usually require about one hour. For families unable to visit the school, alternate interview arrangements will be made.
Junior School (JK and Grades 3 to 6) During the interview girls will:
- Meet one-on-one with a teacher.
- Complete both a reading and math assessment created by our teachers to understand the girls’ learning strengths and needs.
- Parents will be interviewed by a member of the Recruiting team while their daughter is with the teachers.
Senior School (Grades 7 to 11) During the interview girls will:
- Be interviewed one-on-one by a member of the Student Recruiting team or a teacher.
- Complete a 30-minute writing challenge – to better understand how they analyze and articulate opinions and ideas.
- Applicants from outside of Ontario will also be asked to complete a 30-minute math assessment to help us understand her current mathematical skills.
- Parents will be interviewed while their daughters are writing assessments.